Join our team as Accounting Team Lead!
Yes, you can! That's our attitude towards our work, ambitious, ideas and relationships. We, at Luminor, believe that anyone has the potential to achieve big things and we encourage everyone to achieve them – professionally and personally.
Group Finance is responsible for the Accounting and Taxes processes as well as Financial and Regulatory reporting in Luminor Group, striving to be a reliable service provider and trusted adviser to the organization in areas of our expertise. We are looking for a seasoned professional to lead an Accounting Team in Estonia. A person with strong personal values, proven track record, high desire, and healthy ambition to continuously grow and develop themselves. In Luminor we all have truly high freedom to act and to find the best ways how to succeed. It is expected that every function forms their team by themselves and while taking the guidance from the Luminor’s goals, is defining their own area for the best support and contribution to Luminor.
Accounting Team Lead will report to Head of Group Accounting Unit, Olga Skrebnevskiene. The main task for the new Accounting Team Lead in Estonia will be to ensure that accounting processes are appropriately and efficiently designed and implemented in Luminor group entities established in Estonia, meeting all the applicable IFRS, tax and regulatory requirements.
- Leadership and supervision of the accounting and tax in Luminor group entities established in Estonia, with the focus on the efficiency and accountability
- Ensuring compliance of the accounting and tax processes with IFRS and tax requirements, as well as internal accounting principles
- Development of the internal controls
- Contributing to decision making on complex modelling of financial approaches and implementation of the strategic improvement initiatives
- Proficient and proactive collaboration with external partners such as auditors
- Creating collaborative and supportive culture within the team
- Contributing to the cross-country collaboration and knowledge sharing
What We Expect:
- Master’s degree in Economics, Banking, Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Relevant qualifications or studying towards such as ACCA or CFA are considered as an advantage
- At least 5 years relevant working experience in a leading accounting position within a fast paced and dynamic environment (preferably banking sector or major auditing firm)
- Experience in designing and implementing process improvements and controls, ability to interpret complex financial information, translating that information into business planning, processes and risk management
- Knowledge and experience in implementation of IFRS requirements for banking products is considered as an advantage
- Key eye for detail, ability to work efficiently in a highly collaborative setting, manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Strong business acumen, complemented by analytical, highly organized self-starter personal traits
- Excellent communication skills to convey information in a clear and concise manner to the team and organization overall
- Exceptional leadership skills, including ability to influence and lead a team, to form strong bonds with other people and inspire trust and confidence in both peers, senior, and external partners, enabling the smooth execution of the duties
- Strong knowledge of Estonian and English language (full working proficiency, oral and written)
What We Offer:
- Flexibility. Flexible working hours, remote work and possibility to work from anywhere in EU, Iceland, Switzerland and UK (in total 90 days per year)
- International teams. Teams that go outside Pan-Baltic boarders where people value challenging work together with good humour and having fun
- More vacation. Additional week of vacation available to all employees who have been in the company for 1 year or more
- Volunteer time off. We care about giving back to society, therefore, you will get additional days off for volunteering purposes
- Health benefits. A competitive benefits package in addition to your salary that includes health insurance in Lithuania and Latvia, and Wellness package in Estonia. As well as, Health days in case of your absence due to sickness
- Wellbeing. Access to tools and resources that help to feel good and be productive at work and in life
- Flexible benefits. Extra vacation of 2 days, upgrade on health insurance/wellness package, Employer's contributions to employee's 3rd pillar pension straight after first year of working
- Professional growth. Internal and external training programs, workshops, conferences, online training etc.
- Technical necessities. From laptop and mobile phone to monitors for your home office set-up
Application deadline is 22th of August